107R Huntress Ave
GrandyOats, a fast-growing organic food manufacturer is looking for an accounting manager to join their team. The ideal candidate is a team player who will possess excellent organization and communication skills and have a keen eye for detail. This role will be responsible for daily accounting work through the month-end close, the review process, and beyond. If you're looking for a dynamic company with room to grow, we'd love to hear from you! The position is based out of our sales and marketing office located at Spring Point Marina, in South Portland.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management of accounts receivable & accounts payable
- Process weekly payroll with our third-party payroll provider
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, identifying and resolving issues, if any
- Fixed asset management
- Preparation and review of accurate and timely financial statements and tracking against budget milestones
- Prepare general ledger entries to ensure close of monthly financials by the 15th of the subsequent month.
- Oversight of financials for GAAP compliance and accurate and timely reporting
- Develop policy and manage to internal control and compliance
- Ongoing review of financial processes and systems for opportunity for improved efficiency and data analytics
- Lead annual budget and planning work
- Coordinate quarterly financial projections and planning with team
- Maintain banking relations with our bank
- Manage non-sales contracts and lease agreements
- Collaborate with Sales team to provide monthly cash flow projections
- Special Projects and Misc. Requests
- Onboarding new staff to ensure all employee forms (I-9, W-4) are complete and accurate
- Finance training for new hires
- Ability to translate complex financial information to individuals at all levels of the organization
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 5+ years of progressive experience in accounting roles
- Excellent time and priority management skills
- Solid foundation in GAAP
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Out of the box problem-solving skills and a can-do attitude
- Excited to be a part of guiding our 20+% growth YOY
We offer a competitive salary, medical, dental, retirement plan participation, paid vacation and sick time.
GrandyOats is an Equal Opportunity Employer.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...